Latest Version: Flux 8.0.11 is now generally available.
Flux continues to extend its workflow and managed file transfer technology in 2016. Building on its unique architecture that runs embedded in Java applications or as a standalone application, Flux is adding the following in 2016.
- Repository storage for:
- Flux scripts (prescripts and postscripts)
- Default error handler workflows
- Runtime variable definitions
- Host definitions
- Timer trigger definitions
- Database definitions
- Web service definitions
- File selection criteria and process definitions
- File definitions (i.e., expanded file pattern information), such as file name layout, minimum size, maximum size, maximum age, allow duplicates within hour, day, week, never, always
- A refresh to the workflow designer with improved usability, copy and paste functionality, easier extensibility, and more drawing options.
- The ability for a workflow to change its own scheduling of events and then reschedule itself based on its new schedule. This is useful when a workflow senses that its processing schedule needs to change based on load or other parameters.
- A refactoring wizard to facilitate workflow developers in applying workflow design best practices
- Support for workflow versioning and change management – who changed what and when and why – as well as what version is running in an environment
- A restyled operations console user interface
- Bulk remove, start, pause, … support
- Flux File Criteria tester tab
- Flux Timer Expression tester tab
- Flux Database Query tester tab
- Flux Web Service tester tab
- Flux Business Calendar Design and Test tab
- The ability to interactively debug and breakpoint workflows
- Improved notification support for a workflow and its actions running too long, too short, too often, or not often enough
- Support for destroy on interrupts, signal, and timeout for database actions, stored procedure actions, and file actions.
- More sample workflows
- Detect and notify when an engine fails in a cluster
- Database maintenance script execution
- Antivirus scans
- Encrypt and decrypt files
- File system archive and purge
- File suffix to content match e.g., do all PDF file contain PDF content – using third party libraries such as Apache Tika
- More sample reports
- Failed workflow report
- Run history report
- Actions report for workflows started, paused, resumed, interrupted, or recovered, or restarted
- Workflow overview documentation report
- Workflow design change audit report
- Workflow review report e.g., number of start actions, number of loops, number of splits, number of joins, number of exits, missing timeouts, if condition without else,
- Workflow throughput report
- Continued performance improvements
- Add support for event-based file change notification into file triggers while continuing support for legacy polling model
- Clustering improvements
- Improved performance in processing a database query by providing the option of returning all rows in a database query in one pass (as opposed to iterating one row at a time) when flowing to a For Each Collection Element Action.
- Better logging for workflow review and troubleshooting – specifically logging with each log message the related workflow name
- Operations Console feature to trigger a thread dump and package supporting documentation to create a Flux support ticket
Have a suggestion? Send your ideas to email@example.com
Overview of scheduled features for upcoming Flux versions, as well as a look at what’s coming on the long-term road map.